Water rising in the Inlet

For the past 15 months or thereabouts the mouth of the Inlet has been blocked and we have wondered when someone/something will unplug it.  The serve of rain (32.6 mm) on Wednesday has really raised the level.

This jetty used to be about a foot above water level!
Here the water is encroaching on the road,  From memory this is the first point at which the road gets flooded.
Another fklooded jetty.
This is normally dry ground, although the presence of a Swamp Rat suggest moisture is not unknown.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch we did some gardening.  This little enclosure is to keep the Bowerbirds away from vegetables.  The citrus tree behind it may need some protection from birds as well.
I had a the track recorder on eBird happening as I moved around!  It didn't place me exactly where I was - probably about 10m South, which is a bit unusual.
A Magnolia at the front of the house is coming into flower.
In the afternoon I went for another walk down to the swamp.  Unfortunately it is a bit obvious this guy is walking on a flooded jetty!
I took this photo of a Spoonbill because I could!
A few days later I took this photo of a seat we walk past...
.. where the usual water's edge is past the tussock visible a few metres in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.