Insects and their food

As 30 October was moderately warm and sunny I thought there was a chance of insects being around.   It was also a bit windy which made photography tricky (as did the constant swooping of a Pied Currawong) but I got a few snaps.  I need to do a bit more work on ID, but here is a work-in-progress.

Photinia has got a lot of blossom.  I think this is a beetle, rather than a bug.
 A scarab of some sort .
 This is a hoverfly: a different species to the very common ones around the place which I have snapped many times already.
 I took a picture of this pretty Leptospermum flower.  Only when looking at the image did I realise there is an insect down in the bottom of the flower!
The next day some livelier insects were in there!

 A Cabbage White dining on a Kiss-me-quick (possibly Centranthus alba) rather than dumpoing eggs on our brassica!
 A day-flying moth: I'll get the Latin later.
 A caterpillar on a Eucalyptus viminalis leaf
 A small Eucalyptus meliodora in flower, suggesting there will be lots for insects to munch when the big trees get going!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.