The joy of real estate (pt 2)

One of the proposals our agent (John Sneddon of McGraths, Dickson) put forward was to use a drone to take some  video of the place.  That seemed like a good idea so we took that on board.  I alerted neighbours to the possibility of a drone being around in case they needed to attend to skittish livestock etc but I don't think it would have fussed anyone.

We started by the pilot (Mick) and I heading up to the top paddock to deal with that part of the block.  On route we shifted the first Shingleback I have seen this year.
 I was astonished at how compact the machine was.  It all fitted in this small carrying case.  The apparatus in Mick's hand is the control mechanism.  Basically managed by an iPhone!
 We have lift off ...
 .. and go higher ....
 ... and higher.
 Mick was particularly keen to get some video of the top dam ....
 .. and got right down to it.
 Here is the console with the iPhone in position.  I was very impressed with the way Mick was able to flick various switches to control both where the drone was and the images it was taking, which he was viewing.  The analogy that sprang to my mind was a good drummer with various body parts all working independently to achieve a very complex outcome.
After doing the business up the top, we came down to the house area to deal with that. Here is the drone over the lawn.

 The big Yellow Box makes a good background.
 As well as me watching proceedings, the Tawny Frogmouth was very interested in this buzzing flying object.  As expected he didn't stress about it - he can ignore me working with a chainsaw directly under the nest so this was really minor.
 Another observer was inside the house but got also interested in the drone.  Possibly it was seen as a threat to bones.
As usual, watching a professional at work was very interesting.  I'm sure the outcome will be excellent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules