Tawny Frogmouths: happy snaps

I have recorded the stages of development in the breeding of the pair of frogmouths that roost in our Yellow Box (Eucalyptus meiodora) in an on-going post.   Today I just thought the chicks looked cute (in a malevolent sort of way) rather than needing to be recorded as a 'stage'.  So here are a couple of images.

The first one was a tad tricky to take as I was being dive bombed by the Satan-spawn Pied Currawongs that are about to fledge their young in a nest a few metes further up the tree.  For the second shot I was pretty much embedded in an Acacia tree so the black bombers couldn't get at me so easily!

Comments

Denis Wilson said…
They are fabulously photogenic, aren't they?
Denis

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.