Mount Un (pt 1)

Back when I used to work in Civic one of the lunchtime runs was to a hill behind Duntroon.  On maps it appears as Mt Pleasant.  Running up it was nothing like pleasant so I took to calling it Mount Un. 

I have suggested to the COG Wednesday Walkers that it would be an interesting venue for a foray, which happens tomorrow so today was a recce to work out the route.  The bit marked with an X was a slight error - but that is why one does regearsals!
When I arrived there were strange things happening in the Molonglo!  I'd rather be in the rear vessel than the rather overloaded front one!  It is close to Duntroon!
 Weeds have happened (and will do so again if it rains).
 Scarlet Robins are nice.  So was the male Golden Whistler, but it didn't hang around for a photo.
This Sulphur-crested Cockatoo was amusing, although the noise was unfunny.

 I have tried many times to get a photo of a cockie's crest.  I got lucky today!
I was very tempted to add Bald Eagle to my list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules