More things in heaven and earth

I don't think I have a reader named Horatio, but if I did he'd need a fair philosophy to keep up with this lot!

I begin with a nuuber of shots of Sunset - mainly to the West or North West - in Canberra.  The presence of Black Mountain Tower is usually a hint.

 The Russell Offices are centre right in this so it looks East, towards Carwoola.
 Back to the NW.


 At the same time to the NE a full but not, as far as I could tell Bad, moon was rising.


 While looking at the moon I was intrigued by this group active in Glebe Park.  The Canberra Times recently listed groups that use the Park (including the Zombie Walk - I can't wait) but not these!  The red rings are to defeat face recognition not marks of an exorcist!
 Obviously a camera club but I couldn't work out why some folk were sent to the outer.  Using a dodgy f-stop perhaps

When I took Tammy out for a comfort event at 2100 hrs they were still there.  Some were waving lights around.  So I asked what they were at and it turned out they were a photography class practicing long exposures: they showed me some of their efforts which were very good.

Bringing all this together, when I raised the blind this morning the moon was dropping behind some clouds and Black Mountain.  So I braced myself against the rail on the balcony and tried a long exposure (apparently 1/8th of a second).  The result isn't too bad.
I am intrigued about the gree colour of the tower's lighting: that was supposed to be for St Paddy's Day (when we didn't see it) but that was 4 days ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.