Last Stakes of Year 39

If only I'd started when I was 31!  If I had been able to turn up every week that I was living in Canberra (I didn't get to Canberra until 1983, and have had 20 months in Ottawa and 24 in Tanzania) I'd have 1520 runs rather than 34!

But I didn't turn up until a few months back and have had a few weeks off already.  Whatever, today was a great day for a run and I felt capable of doing a bit of running so I did.  My first thought was that the course has changed due to the efforts of some horny sons of toil blocking the path.
 The first mountain: no running up this,
 Thanks to nice long downhill to Hindmarsh Drive and walking briskly up to the yurt I went through half way in 26:19 - comfortably under 9 minute kilometres.  The pretty clouds and clear blue sky indicated the pleasant conditions.
I finally remembered to take a photo of the 5th kilometre area, despite a cracking sub-8 minute run for that leg.
The final kilometre was not too bad although I did forget to stop my watch on the line. I reckon my final time was 51:41 - nicely negative splitted. 

There was a fair horde today, although many Nostradami were suggesting next week will be YUGE. 
 Ian Hore achieved the magnificent milestone of 1,000 Stakes so scored and black and gold shirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.