Fireworks etc

We were invited into Canberra to watch the fireworks on Australia Day.  We got in before the show started so looked at the view first.
 As the evening deepened Parliament House looked very good.
This was about as good as the sunset got: I had expected it to be spectacular but somehow the setting sun didn't really fire up the clouds.
Once the fireworks started they were very good.  I had to remind myself to look at them and not just take photos.  So a lot of what I took were hopeless as I wasn't really looking at the camera.  These are pretty attractive.







Once they finished we bolted for home.  We had a very easy drive home but got a text at 10:15 saying people were still stuck in jams back in the City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.