Clouds and sunrise

On the 9th of February the BoM forecast a maximum temperature of 36C and the chance of a storm.  That sounded a bit ugly for a midday run so I went out at 0600.  By the time I got to the high point of the run  the sun was rising behind Mt Palerang in a very lurid fashion.  Of course I didn't have my camera with me.

Later in the day it seemed that a storm was indeed coming, with some quite solid cumulus clouds.


Unfortunately that turned out to be a few drops - not even enough to wet all the ground.

On the morning of the 10th, there was again a fair bit of cloud at 6am, so after a cup of coffee I packed the camera and took the treadlie off.  I suspect the light wasn't quite so spectacular this morning but these two shots from the high point, looking over the Hoskinstown Plan towards Mt Palerang are quite pleasant.

 As I got to Captains Flat Rd a slightly different perspective emerged.
After a day of mild cloudiness and occasional swarms of micturating gnats reasonable storm (4.5mm) turned up at 17:30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules