Random Nature snaps in the yard

These are snaps of things in the yard.  The first few were taken from my desk through a window, which explains the lack of sharpness!

I spent some fair time watching the beast with two heads grazing on the lawn.
I reckon if I was Mum I'd be telling this person they could look after themselves.  Certainly the joey  is looking ready for what ever action has attracted Mum's attention.

This is the state of the Tawny Frogmouth's nest at present. It looks to be about the full amount of material they usually use, but needs a bit of compressing.   .
I am still bemused that although they are hanging around together they aren't roosting snuggled together as in the past.  I am tempted to interpret this to mean that there has been some changing of the guard - but I am uncertain which bird is more likely to remember the nest site.

After a few days of hazy skies (and no-one seems to know what caused the  haze) it was beautifully clear and blue today.  Emphasised by the contrasting wattle blossom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.