closing off in Canberra

 This is a continuation of my previous post about our trip to Canberra.  I'll include any snaps from the drive back to Mallacoota.

Dawn on the 12th had a nice cloud layer rising in front of Black Mountain Tower.

As I went to the library about 1000hrs the Chief Minister was unveiling some new plaques on the Canberra walk of honour (or whatever it is called) in Ainslie Avenue.  I didn't hang around but he seemed to be talking pretty well.  I was surprised that there was no coverage of this on the ABC News in the evening nor the Canberra Behind (the Times) on the 13th.
Then over to the trash playground in Glebe Park where Small Persons 1 nd 2 hit the craft tables rather than the play items.
Having returned the SPs to their parents we headed off to the AIS car park at Bruce  to try to spot a Superb Parrot.  Parked car, got out, looked into nearest gum tree.  Took some photos   The first two are a male....

.. and these a female.

My guess is that there were at least 15 of them in the area.  Presumably spilt grain supplies have dried up around Binalong.

Sunset was interesting with a layer of vapour coming from the West.  It turns out the Sparks and Wildfires folk have lit up 1,000 hectares in the foothills (despite their years of such activities not slowing up the big fire in 2020 at all).  At least this one hasn't got away from them (yet).  The first image is using Vivid Sunset Glow setting on my camera ...
.. while this is the Romantic Sunset Glow.
I think the Vivid is closer to the true colour.
\
Here is a romantic close up.  I didn't submit any of these to ABC TV.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.