Something nasty in the wood heap

I'm sure all the readers of this post will recognise the "g'day" to Stella Gibbons in this title. Unlike Aunt Ada Doom I didn't see something nasty in the woodshed but in the heap of wood on outside of my toolshed.  (In the past I have found hibernating bats in woodheaps.)
This was clearly a rats nest.  As was wearing gloves - which might avert a nip if the resident was home - exposed the nest.  Our local rat operative was indoors, asleep in front of the fire so not available if a target appeared.

To my surprise behind the grass and oak leaves (sounds like a low-grade Wermacht medal) were a bunch of gardening gloves.
 They had been given some serious tooth.  I dread to think what ingesting these glove parts must have done to the rodent's digestion and overall health.
 Frances had asked me recently what had been done with the gloves she had left on the table on the deck and I had confessed to having no idea.  Now I have.  The gloves were left at point 1 and the nest was about 5 metres away at point 2.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules