Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Today there are reptiles!

I decided that the time had come to improve the Vinca major infesting the bed outside the sunroom.  In the case of this species "improving" is a term that varies according to perspective and from my perspective involves use of my brushcutter.  I'm trying to work out a way of using glyphosate that doesn't kill all the other plants.

I was going pretty well on this until I noticed a couple of lumps in the vegetation.
Shinglebacks: Trachydosaurus rugosus.

They were initially very close together and I suspect that a small population explosion can be expected quite soon.  By the time I got back they had separated.
It was a bit hard to work out which end of the second one was what, but close peering showed it had its head jammed under the rock!

No comments: