Today there are reptiles!

I decided that the time had come to improve the Vinca major infesting the bed outside the sunroom.  In the case of this species "improving" is a term that varies according to perspective and from my perspective involves use of my brushcutter.  I'm trying to work out a way of using glyphosate that doesn't kill all the other plants.

I was going pretty well on this until I noticed a couple of lumps in the vegetation.
Shinglebacks: Trachydosaurus rugosus.

They were initially very close together and I suspect that a small population explosion can be expected quite soon.  By the time I got back they had separated.
It was a bit hard to work out which end of the second one was what, but close peering showed it had its head jammed under the rock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.