Indoor(ish) plants and a beetle

As a result of the hot dry weather native flowers have been few and far between on our property recently.  The Garden flowers have also been a bit keen on giving up the struggle.  However we have been able to keep some container plants (were I to call them pot plants I might attract some attention from NSW's finest).

This bebonia flower is 16cm diameter which I feel is rather fine.
Another, smaller, but more complex Begonia.

This pineapple lily greets people coming to our back door (which is the way everyone enters the house because that is by the driveway)!
 It is possibly unusual to think of insects as pretty, but I reckon this one qualifies.  It was taken by flash on the window of my study one evening.  I suspect it is a longicorn.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.