A second post on the Melbourne Peregrines

 I feel that the original post is getting a bit too long so have started a new one.  I, and several others on the Facebook group thought this was an eyass (or as some of them call it "a baby" 🤮🤮🤮) but those that claim to be able to recognise the individual birds say it was either a 'foreign' male or the eyass' male parent, taking a dive after beating up one of the chicks .

This is the female parent - I refuse to call it 'Mum' 🤮etc - showing off the size of her talons.  I really wouldn't want them clasped around me.

Here she is delivering a meal to the eyasses.  Note the raised wings as one rushes along the edge of the ledge.
A food fight ensues!
The adult departs.
A little later three of the eyasses form a heap and seem to nuzzle one another!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.