Scenes terrestrial and celestial - pt II

I have previously put up a post with some shots of the land and sky around Carwoola.  (The use of the word 'celestial' relates to the Salle Celeste we saw in the HQ of an international organisation in Geneva.)  On 18 April I took a few more snaps on this topic which I felt deserved their own post.

Pre-eminent amongst these was this shot, taken from our sunroom, of a rising moon.
I shall return to the evening at the end. Let us go to the start of the day.

We have established a sort of pattern for our dog walks that on
  • 4 days a week we go to a high-point on Widgiewa Rd Rd, which overlooks the Hoskinstown Plain; 
  • two days a week we do a circuit of the property; and 
  • the remaining day we do something quick as we need to be in town early.
I have reflected that on misty mornings when we go the Widgiewa route I should try to take a photo of the view over the Plain towards Mt Palerang.  On 18 April we did the property walk and I realised there was an opportunity for a scenic shot, so on finishing the walk leapt on the treadlie and headed for Widgiewa.  I scored this shot:
On getting back to our gate I realised that I hadn't taken a snap of the Taliesin Hills behind our place in the morning.  (An evening shot is in the street party post).  The omission has been remedied.
It is interesting to note the many and various colours of the eucalypt leaves in the foreground!

Here is the promised wider view of moonrise (this probably needs to be clicked on to get the full beauty).

Later in the week when greeting some friends they commented that the moon was an odd shape. Indeed it was - a little after full but positioned on its back!   It did illuminate the clouds nicely however!


Here are a couple more images across the Plain on another foggy morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules