Shipping (mainly) from 505

The brackets around "mainly" are because some of what follows is 

  • from the net (but accessed at 505) and
  • of balloons not shipping (but photographed for 505.

In a post covering a trip to Port Melbourne I referred to the cruise ship season starting in late September.  In fact one arrived early this morning.  Here is a view of it from our apartment:

And here is the view from my Marine Traffic app. The little red boat is a fuel tanker, presumably topping up the tank in the Petri dish of bacilli and viruses.  The cruise ship certainly merits the name as  explained in this wiki.


According to the Port schedule of Petri dish arrivals it will leave at 5pm tonight, and they take 3.5 hours to get to the Heads.  I hope I will get snap of it sailing out.  There are up to 2,700 victims on board, so I am glad I didn't try catching a tram there today.  

The next cruise is due on the 18th of October: the Queen Elizabeth, en route to Sydney for a circumnavigation of Australia.

Also at Station Pier now is a Mexican tall ship.  I saw its masts yesterday while at the port, but didn't realise what it was.  A bugger, as it was open for inspection and I would like to have had a look round, but we leave for Portland tomorrow morning and it sails out on Tuesday.  Here is a snip from my snap of the Pd Diamond Princess with arrows pointing to the masts of the CuauhtĆ©moc.
We saw 2 balloons from the apartment this morning, I suspect looking to put down in the Botanic Gardens or thereabouts.  
An attractive burn.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules