Another while has passed

I don't quite rate the past three weeks as the worst in my life, but it has been a contender with shingles, bushfire and horrible smoky weather in Canberra.  I have barely been out of the apartment but now feel a bit more like doing so and the weather is improving,  I can see Black Mountain Tower from my desk.
For the second day in a row I did the Tammy Memorial loop of Nerang Pool.  When Frances did this recently she commented on the little black chickies beside the pool and wondered what species they were.  Judging by the company this one was keeping I'd say Australian Swamphen.
 A Parrot was showing its Red-rump ...
 ... and offering a contrast to its more camouflaged female companion.
 In the shallower part of the pool itself water lilies were avaiable in white ...
.. and pink.

Comments

Mary Chamie said…
Glad that you all are finally getting a bit of relief. Nature holds such beauty, when allowed to flourish. The whole world is watching what is happening to you, knowing that it shows the rest of us our future, as well. It is time for some serious thought about all the evidence we have that our climate is changed. Our responses to it must also learn to change and adapt.

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.