Beverages of the Adelaide Trip
As readers of the various posts about our trip to Adelaide will have realised we did a fair bit of shopping for bottled goods along the way. This is a report on the quality of those purchase decisions (and to some extent on the purchase process - I refuse to use the term "experience"). Beer It came as a surprise to realise that all my beer stops were in the Clare Valley. Possibly I was running out of room in the car by the time we got to Adelaide? Knappstein, Reserve Lager : this is produced close to the Knappstein Winery, well known as a source of good product. As far as I could determine they only make this one style of beer, so the purchase was rather 'retail' with no tasting involved. I am normally resistant to lager as it tends to be McBeer but this was definitely not that. Very refreshing with a fruitiness in tatste and quite moreish: which could be dangerous at 5.6% ABV. Will be looked into as an on-line purchase in the future. Cla...






Comments