A campaign to revitalise a word

Comment by My Musical Friend: " As a result of the American election, I've given up the trumpet. I'm now a 'brass player'."
My response: "I like your change of instrument description. It caused me to think of what else could be done with the t-word and have decided that the archaic "strumpet" has some appeal (although I understand that members of that profession are relatively honest in delivering what they offer).
MMF: "I'm thinking that perhaps the word 'strumpet' should be revived, and used, in a gesture of sympathy, to refer to women who have been groped by Donald. The word would then possibly enjoy widespread use.
Ëxemplifying follow-up by MFF "Overheard on a New York street: "See that person over there? She's a strumpet, poor woman. Hasn't been the same since".
So here starts the campaign to revive the strumpet! Probably best by word of mouth, not mouth to mouth.

Comments

In my boarding school years in County Waterford Ireland (1949 - 1953) the word 'trump was the common expression for a fart

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules